The Monocle Book of Gentle Living
Monocle has always been a champion of taking it slow. It has encouraged readers to dive into a lake and go for a run. To sleep well. To eat food whose makers are proud of its provenance. In a shouty, jabbing-finger moment in history, it has done its bit to argue for a new modern etiquette to be generous with our time, hospitality and forgiveness. Now its editors and correspondents have brought all of this together in The Monocle Manifesto for a Gentler Life, a book that urges us all to slow down, reconnect, make good things and see nice places. And it also knows when to wear a cheeky smile. Chapters include:
- An illustrated guide to being nice, respecting your neighbour and controlling your social media rants.
- Profiles of the happiest nations – and the least lonely too.
- How to build a house that’s good for you and your family.
- Essays from leading thinkers and great writers on what we can gain if we shift gear.
- The businesses charting a better course – from management to pride in production.
- Food – a celebration of the locally made, the chefs that bring people together and a recipe or two.
- The objects to own that will give pleasure for years.
- The people who changed direction, slowed down and made it work.
- The compact cities where you can run a company, be inspired, have a good social life – and be hiking in a forest at 5pm.
- Dimensions: 19 × 2,6 × 24 cm
- Pages: 304
- Language: English